Eid-ul-Fitr has been celebrated in an enormous method in lots of our movies. The movies beneath are those the place Eid serves as a pivotal plot level.
1. Chaudvin Ka Chand (1960): Guru Dutt’s first and solely ‘Muslim Social’ a style of cinema that celebrated the out of date if not altogether non-existent Nawabi tradition, was made to counter the losses he suffered with the autobiographical Kagaz Ke Phool . Whereas that movie was all about life Chaudhvin Ka Chand had nothing to do with actual life. Two Muslim finest associates Aslam and Nawab (performed by Guru Dutt and his real-life buddy Rehman) each love the identical magnificence Jameela (Waheeda Rehman). The title track written by Shakel Badayuni as the last word ode to like and wonder captured the actress in all her resplendent magnificence in color whereas the remainder of the movie is in black and white. The movie is ready within the metropolis of nawabs Lucknow and captures the ethos of luxuriant romance reasonably flamboyantly. That is Guru Dutt’s least delicate work.
2. Mere Mehboob (1963): This Muslim Social blockbuster featured Rajendra Kumar and Sadhana, two non-Muslim actors, who fall in love on a prepare and need to undergo numerous storms in ornate teacups earlier than the last word nikaah. The movie was outstanding in capturing the colors music and festive temper of a decadent nawabi tradition. The songs composed by Naushad are particularly pleasant of their dulcet delicacy. My favorite being Sadhana and Nimmi dancing round water fountains and beneath glowing chandeliers singing Mere Mehboob Mein Kya Nahin not understanding that the ‘Mehboob’ they’re each crooning about is similar individual. After the discharge of this movie Sadhana was usually mistaken for a Muslim, and she or he beloved it. Rahul Rawail’s father H S Rawail directed this all-time hit.
3. Pakeezah (1972): Meena Kumari lived the a part of the tawaif Sahib Jaan and the credit score for her heart-melting efficiency should go to a big extent to the music by Ghulam Mohammed. As sung by Lata Mangeshkar, the Mujras, the life and breath of each tawaif’s story, are among the many best heard in Indian cinema: ‘Chalte Chalte Yuhi Koi Mil Gaya Ttha’, ‘Teer-E-Nazar Dekhenge’, ‘Thare Rahiyo Ho Banke Yaar Re’, ‘Inhi Logon Ne Le Lee Na Dupatta Mera…’ which one will we select? All or none? I may watch Pakeezah 1,000,000 occasions for the songs. Meena Kumari’s efficiency was dependent solely on the music. Throughout a big a part of the movie’s capturing Meena Kumari couldn’t even transfer due to in poor health well being not to mention dance. The Mujra ‘Chalte Chalte’ was shot with refrain dancers and Teer-e-nazar was carried out by a reproduction dancer, Padma Khanna.
4. Nikaah (1982): The movie that dared to problem the Sharia legal guidelines of India. Salma Agha, freshly imported from Pakistan, performed spouse to Deepak Parasher who divorces her by saying Talaq thrice. Boldly the movie questions the male partner’s proper to discard his marital duties on a whim. Salma Agha not solely performed the lead but additionally sang Ravi’s chartbusting compositions which went a great distance in making this movie a superhit throughout the yr of Amitabh Bachchan’s Nalam Halaal, Khuddar, Satte Pe Satta and Desh Premee. Once more the music of Ravi went a great distance in accentuating the movie’s love triangle the place Haider(Raj Babbar) loves Nilofer(Salma Agha) who finally ends up marrying Wasim(Deepak Parasher) who divorces her after saying ‘Talaq’ thrice.Whereas Ms Agha was a Muslim the 2 heroes have been Hindus.Raj Babbar as soon as informed me he needed to brush up his Urdu to know a number of the songs and dialogues earlier than vocalizing them. B R Chopra who directed
5. Silvat (2018): Enjoying a Muslim darzi in Tanuja Chandra 40-minute movie located within the crowded gully of what seems to be like Mumbai’s Haji Ali locality, Kartik is each bit Anwar, the shy delicate tailor who develops a secret ardour for his favorite consumer: a lonely deserted spouse Noor (Meher Mistry) whose husband has migrated to Riyadh for a job with nary a look again for the girl he has left behind. The main target of the passionate plot, pulsating with unstated passion, is Noor. However its Kartik’s Anwar who silently steals the present. There isn’t any exhibition of outward ardour right here. And but a lot is claimed by Anwar’s eyes. Each stolen look is laden with longing. The movie is shot on location in a Muslim locality with streetside distributors frying parathas and malpuas, hawkers promoting bangles. The bustle of the road is weighed in opposition to these heavy loaded silences between Noor and Anwar. That is 1997. And riots don’t occur solely on the streets. Typically in addition they happen in a lady’s lonely coronary heart.
Extra Pages: Pakeezah Field Workplace Assortment
Catch us for contemporary Bollywood Information, New Bollywood Films replace, Field workplace assortment, New Films Launch , Bollywood Information Hindi, Leisure Information, Bollywood Information Right now & upcoming films 2020 and keep up to date with newest hindi films solely on .